Job Vacancy at IMRO – Head of Media Licensing
Job Title: Head of Media Licensing
Salary: Available On Request
Terms: 1-year fixed term contract (with a view to permanent thereafter)
Working Environment: Hybrid working model
Application: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 1st April
Purpose of Job
The Head of Media Licensing is responsible for delivering IMRO’s and MCPSI’s Broadcast and Domestic Online budgets. The successful candidate will manage the commercial negotiation process for existing and prospective Media Licensing customers, acting as a key account manager to ensure first-class customer service, delivery of assigned revenue budgets, and full compliance from each licensee. The role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. The functions attached to this position are carried out by one person, with support provided by the Media Licensing team. The Head of Media Licensing is a high-profile role tasked with significant revenue responsibility.
- Deliver IMRO and MCPSI’s revenue budgets in Broadcast and Domestic Online licensing activities to exceed annual targets approved by the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Scope of Broadcast and Domestic Online revenue lines includes National Radio, National TV, Video on Demand, Cable and Satellite customers.
- Ownership of day-to-day media licensee related issues, including (i) licensee meetings and enquiries; (ii) ensuring sales and usage reports are received on time and in an appropriate format/quality and that invoices are paid within payment terms.
- Oversee the key accounts across all domestic Broadcast and Domestic Online areas, including building relationships at a senior level within IMRO’s most crucial media licensing customers
- Manage the negotiation cycle with Media Licensing customers to secure favourable terms for IMRO; draft agendas and internal preparation notes, presentations, and analysis ahead of licensee meetings, capture meeting minutes and follow up action points.
- Refer non-compliant current licenses to Chief Commercial Officer with recommendations for escalation options. This involves strict monitoring of payment terms and debt levels.
- Maintain existing tariffs/schemes to maximise revenues ensuring relevant tariffs are updated annually according to the Consumer Price Index.
- Plan thoroughly ahead of the critical negotiations; work with other IMRO departments (such as IT, Finance, Operations and Distribution) to build the analysis needed to develop proposals and work with stakeholders to secure buy-in to the approach, bringing recommendations to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- In consultation with the Chief Commercial Officer, identify and deliver new revenue opportunities through the targeted focus of available resources, monitoring of emerging markets (e.g., gaming, podcasting, live streaming) and reviewing licensing schemes.
- Ensure comprehensive market penetration across all existing media services available in the Irish marketplace
- Deliver high-quality market and industry analysis and support the development of the underlying analytical frameworks for the ongoing review and development of Media Licensing tariffs.
- Liaise with relevant third parties regarding ongoing delivery of services that will benefit Media Licensing
- Maintain a Media Licensing Contract register; ensure licence agreements are extended or re-negotiated prior to expiry.
- Contribute to the annual Media Licensing budget setting process by formulating initial budgets with accompanying rationale and justification.
- Maintain an ongoing Media Licensing revenue forecast, ensuring monthly updates throughout the calendar year.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- The jobholder must have commercial experience, negotiation skills, and a clear understanding of the Media and Digital Music marketplaces.
- Proven experience in sales and account management and managing high-value complex negotiations and relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- The jobholder requires excellent interpersonal skills, allied with effective verbal and listening skills to enable them to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation. This includes political astuteness when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, tactfully, and determinedly to build consensus with key stakeholders with different perspectives and priorities.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis and demonstrated insight into the rapidly evolving commercial uses of music in the Irish market.
- The jobholder must have excellent written and presentation skills. The role will involve detailed report writing.
- The job holder must have advanced Excel skills and be comfortable working with large datasets.
- Managing one’s workload is vital to success in this role; initiative, analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential characteristics that should be possessed by the individual holding this position.
- Willingness and the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure, is a must.
- Business or related degrees (could include finance, accountancy, legal, economics or other related disciplines), IP knowledge and enforcement.
- Masters or relevant professional qualification desirable.
- Interest in podcast and gaming sectors would be beneficial.
- Personal Leadership – takes ownership of decisions and ensures decisions are consistent with legislation, precedent, and established policies/procedures.
- Managing Work – Defines objectives, sets targets, and monitors results for the business. Challenges and supports others in achieving their targets.
- Communicating Effectively – Speaks and writes clearly, ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communication to effectively influence the target audience.
- Team Working – Models and inspires high levels of ethics and integrity. Demonstrates understanding when/where not to act based on culture and climate.
- Strategic Thinking – Being a visionary to define where the business should aim for in the future.
- Leading Others – Leads by example in all interactions with others; exceptional leadership skills are consistently demonstrated.