Niamh Regan Announces November Tour Dates
Niamh Regan is a critically acclaimed songwriter from county Galway. Released in the midst of the lockdown in 2020, her debut album ‘Hemet’ announced her arrival as one of the most distinctive songwriters in Ireland today. Earning nominations for both the RTE Folk Awards and the Choice Awards Album of the Year, the album received soaring praise, and led to performances on The Late Late Show and Other Voices.
Following her studies at the University of Limerick, Regan honed her craft as a songwriter by travelling between Ireland and California, writing about her experiences along the way. As a result, her songs seamlessly weave the intimacy of the Irish lyrical tradition with the expansive breadth of American songwriters such as Karen Dalton, Stevie Nicks and Joni Mitchell, but the resulting sound is entirely her own.
A natural storyteller, Regan’s songs are windows into her world, snapshots of the intimacy of everyday life. This is evident on her upcoming EP, In the Meantime, which was generously supported by the Galway International Arts Festival Elevate Bursary. The EP is a collection of songs written during the challenges of the pandemic, exploring themes of acceptance, uncertainty, independence, family guilt, silence and ordinary acts of love. With her singular mastery, Regan’s songwriting draws us into the intricate details of everyday life and elevates them into something universal.
This week, Niamh performs at Right Here, Right Now Festival at Cork Opera House, Friday 12th November. Taking to the stage on the night will be Mary Coughlan, Wallis Bird, Loah and Niamh, accompanied by the Cork Opera House Concert Orchestra. Tickets available at corkoperahouse.ie
And this weekend, Niamh embarks on a 9-venue ‘Hemet’ Ire/UK tour. With some shows already sold out and others filling up quickly, early booking is advised.
See Niamh and her band perform at:
- (SOLD OUT) Róisín Dubh, Galway w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Sat 13th Nov
- DeBarra’s Clonakilty w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Sun 14th Nov
- Levis’ Corner House, Ballydehob w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Mon 15th Nov
- Dolan’s (Upstairs), Limerick (Presented by Seoda Shows) w/ support from Molly O’Mahony | Wed 17th Nov
- Whelan’s, Dublin (Presented by Singular Artists) w/ support from Tadhg Williams | Thurs 18th Nov
- (SOLD OUT) The Duncairn, Belfast w/ support from Laytha | Fri 19th Nov
- Spirit Store, Dundalk w/ support from D Cullen and Sinead McConville | Sat 20th Nov
- (SOLD OUT) Quiet Lights festival @ Coughlan’s Live | Sat 21st Nov:
- The Green Note, London, UK | Wed 24th Nov
Tickets for these shows are available via http://niamhregan.com/tour.html
FIND NIAMH ONLINE…