IMRO Job Vacancy | Media Licensing Executive – Broadcast & Online
Job Title: Media Licensing Executive – Broadcast & Online
Salary: On Request
Terms: 12-month fixed term contract
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 22nd October.
Purpose of Job
Media Licensing Executive – Broadcast & Online is responsible for revenue generation in IMRO’s broadcast and online sectors. The successful candidate will act as customer manager for these media licensees, ensuring first-class customer service and delivering assigned revenue budgets to ensure we maximise revenues. The role reports to the Commercial Director, Media Licensing.
Job Context and Content
IMRO administers the performing right in copyright music in on behalf of its members (songwriters, composers, and music publishers) and on behalf of members of the international overseas societies that are affiliated to it. IMRO´s core function is to collect and distribute royalties arising from the public performance of copyright works. With a global scope, we represent creators along the chain of creation. At IMRO, we are committed to creators. We stand up for music and the people who make it and perform it. A community for creators, we listen, advocate, educate, invest, and engage to shape a culture of musical worth. We help music creators to adapt to change and receive full and fair return for their work.
The functions attaching to this position are carried out by one person, with support provided by the Media Licensing team. The Media Licensing Executive – Broadcast & Online plays an important role in the revenue development of the Company.
- Administering IMRO’s Broadcast, Cable, Satellite and Domestic Online licensing activities to exceed annual targets approved by the Commercial Director, Media Licensing.
- Administering day-to-day licensee related issues, including (i) licensee meetings and phone/email enquiries; (ii) ensuring sales and usage reports are received on time and in an appropriate format/quality.
- Ensure all media licensees comply with payment terms; escalating to credit control/legal where required.
- Instigate negotiations with Media Licensing customers to secure favourable terms for IMRO.
- Plan thoroughly ahead of the critical negotiations; overseeing the market analysis needed to develop proposals.
- Assist the Commercial Director, Media Licensing to identify and deliver revenue opportunities for both IMRO and MCPSI, through the targeted focus of available resources, monitoring of various markets, review of licensing schemes, prioritising work to clear backlogs ensuring that debt is reported effectively.
- Contribute to the annual Media Licensing budget setting process and liaise closely with IMRO’s auditors regarding media licensing account queries.
- Assist with the drafting and preparation of written reports and presentations for Boards, Committees, Members and Licensees, as required.
- Liaise with other IMRO departments, including Finance, Member and Distribution, where required as it relates to media licensing accounts.
- Assist the Media Licensing Team on any other activities as they arise; this may include MCPS processing and international related tasks, including holiday cover for other media licensing team members.
- Management of licensee accounts, ensuring financial reporting, payment and music usage reporting are delivered to IMRO on time.
- Reacting to information requests and making decisions in conjunction with the Commercial Director, Media Licensing in a clear, efficient, competent, and complete manner
- Working outside normal working hours and overseas travel were deemed necessary.
Guidance is provided by the Commercial Director, Media Licensing.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- The jobholder must have commercial experience, preferably within a B2B environment, with demonstrable negotiation skills.
- A clear understanding of the Irish Media and Digital Music marketplaces.
- Proven experience in sales and account management and managing high-value business to business contracts and relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- The jobholder requires excellent interpersonal skills, allied with effective verbal and listening skills to enable them to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organisation. This includes political astuteness when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, tactfully, and determinedly to build consensus with key stakeholders with different perspectives and priorities.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis and demonstrated insight into the rapidly evolving commercial uses of music in the Irish market.
- The jobholder must have excellent written and presentation skills. The role will involve detailed report writing.
- Competent networking skills, the ability to make contacts and build relationships with licensees, members and third-party vendors.
- Willingness and the ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure, is a must.
- Business or related degrees (could include finance, accountancy, legal, economics or other related disciplines).
- Interest or knowledge of podcasting and the gaming sectors is an advantage.
- Personal Leadership – takes responsibility for own actions, always acting honestly and with integrity
- Managing Work – identifies priorities and organises work for delivery, identifying where processed can be improved, using innovative steps to make this happen.
- Communicating Effectively – gets the message across in a clear, concise, and relevant way and can report on complex situations in a clear and simple way
- Team Working – works co-operatively with people from other departments with different skills and objectives to achieve the best outcome, having the political savvy to understand who best to involve, at what stage and what manner.
- Strategic Thinking – looks beyond the immediate issue to the big picture in relation to what IMRO want to achieve, produces plans for own department in line with overall IMRO objectives
- Leading Others – identifies where to go, how to get there and leads people there, ensuring there is always a sense of common purpose, by consistently communicating the bigger picture.