Job Title: Head of Information Technology and Systems
Salary: Available on Request
Working Environment: Hybrid Working Model
Application: Please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm on Tuesday 17th January 2023.
Purpose of Job
The Head of Information Technology and Systems role provides vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology solutions that align with the Company’s strategic objectives. The position directs the planning and implementation of the organisation’s IT systems in support of its operations to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and mission development. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the Company’s information technology systems.
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, is a senior management team member and oversees the Information Systems (IS) and Infrastructure (IT) teams within IMRO.
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the Company as a member of the senior management team.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve Company goals by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control annual operating and capital budgets for information technology.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Communication of IT strategy to the IMRO board of directors, the Technology sub-committee of the board, senior management, and the employees of the Company.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders (staff, members, customers, and affiliated societies) to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Approve, prioritise, and control projects and the project portfolio for selecting, acquiring, developing, and installing major information systems.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
- Oversee the development of corporate standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation, and transfer; sponsor the business technology planning process; manage client relations, align IT with the business; and develop financial management systems.
- Oversee plans to reinvest in the IT infrastructure, as well as in business and technology professionals.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring IT systems performance.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Awareness of current trends and issues in the IT and music industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff following corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Enable the Company to be agile, to respond to rapidly changing consumption trends in the music industry, and to continually strive to maximise member and affiliate revenue in a rapidly changing environment.
- Working with the Head of Information Systems to manage the overall development of Information Systems within the Company and to support both teams to ensure they have the resources, budget, training, and capacity to deliver on IMRO’S IT strategy.
- Working with the Head of Infrastructure to manage the overall development, maintenance, and evolution of the IMRO Infrastructure with a specific emphasis on reliability, scalability, and security.
- Report on the performance of the IT/IS function to the IMRO board of directors, its Technology sub-committee, and management.
- To be familiar with and plan for changes in international and national copyright legislation and trends.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in computer science or equivalent and 5+ years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years experience managing or directing an IT operation.
- Experience working in the IT industry.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis to day-to-day management.
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.