The Irish Association of Independent Music Elects Its First New Board
AIM Ireland held a special general meeting last Friday, 8th October 2021 during Ireland Music Week. They are delighted to announce a new board to represent the recently established organisation.
AIM Ireland is the not-for-profit trade organisation established to represent and support Ireland’s independent music industry. The organisation’s mission is to promote growth, awareness and opportunities for the independent music industry at a national and international level, through advocacy, education and community.
The new board members are:
- Music lawyer Wiilie Ryan
- Music PR executive Mags Blackburn of Blue Monkey PR
- Artist manager & founder of events and management company CWB Joe Clarke
- Publisher & founder of Planet of Sound & Tremolo Songs Dina Coughlan
- Producer and founder of Trust It Entertainment Solomon Adesiyan
- Founder of agency/creative production company Turning Pirate Úna Molloy
- Artist manager Lar Kaye
- Label owner Brian Scally of Paragon Records
- Label and artist manager John Glennon of Jawdropper
- Studio owner & music producer Cian Boylan of Camden Recording Studio
- First Music Contact – who will hold a non-voting seat on the board.
- Gill Dooley will remain in the role of Interim CEO
- Joe Clarke will act as Chairperson.
Commenting today on the confirmation of the new board, Interim CEO of AIM Ireland, Gill Dooley said: “To have a board in place at this very early stage of our operations who have the experience, knowledge, connections and drive that ours does is simply incredible. It reflects the immense talent and skill set available within the independent Irish music market, and I very much look forward to working with everyone to accelerate AIM Ireland’s trajectory”.
Joe Clarke, Chairperson also commented: “The Irish independent music industry has been a slow building behemoth for the past few years with a massive unrecognised value, now those millions of streams and hundreds of thousands radio plays will have a voice.”
AIM Ireland appointed it’s Interim CEO Gill Dooley in July 2021, and has since become a board member with European independent music companies association IMPALA, and have become a member of WIN, the worldwide independent network who bring together local independent music trade associations throughout Australasia, Asia, Europe, North and South America- representing thousands of music companies and professionals worldwide.
AIM Ireland Membership information is available from https://www.aimireland.ie/